Third party extension
Many of the "third party extensions" already run very well with cobby. Only some have extension specific attributes that are not shown in cobby, some require compatibility modules and some will work fine once two lines of code are added to their code.
Compatibility modules: For integernet_Solr (cobby 2.0)
If your extension writes directly to Magento's database, you can notify cobby of changes via a two line code. See cobby API requests and events for details.
If your extension needs customizations to cobby itself, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Please make sure that you answer the following questions in your email:
- What is your idea or what is the problem at hand?
- How do you fix it or how do you currently deal with the problem?
- Is the behavior a normal part of Magento or is it already implemented in an extension?
- If it's the latter, is there documentation we can examine, or is the extension code openly available?
- Is it possible to access a working example of the extension in your Magento backend (dev) or can you point us to a screencast that shows how the extension works?
- What do you expect from cobby when the feature is implemented?
- Where does the additional data come from, if applicable? Magento / ERP / ...
- What decisions should be made to manipulate the data in cobby? Input methods / buttons / text fields / ...
- What dependencies should exist between attributes? What should change automatically?
- What should happen after the saving process: Should only the edited product or dependent products be changed?
- Should there be notifications in cobby after saving?